Apple releases iOS 6.1 beta 3 and YES the jailbreak of iOS 6.1 beta 3 is actually possible for some iPhones using RedSn0w. The iOS 6.1 beta 3 to jailbreak and also the tethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1 Final is still possible with an iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4G – Thanks geohot and limera1n.
Both the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 3GS (when Apple iOS 6.1 iPhone 3GS support is not reached, but this should be rather unlikely) may be equipped for life with a tethered jailbreak. The BootROM exploit by Geohot can not be filled by Apple, since he practically laid on the device “soldered” is.However innocent players should refrain from installing iOS 6.1 b3 followed rather jailbreak.
Interestingly, however, is likely the iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 Jailbreak and iPad generation iPad 2, iPad 3, iPhone 4 and iPad to be mini. For this purpose, yet remain positive messages from unfortunately. Incidentally tries p0sixninja – if you can trust her Twitter messages – just at this grand task: finding a BootROM exploits of a lifetime would jailbreak the latest Apple iDevices make possible.
If you’re a developer you might be interested to jailbreak the latest version of iOS, made available recently: iOS 6.1 beta 3 .
This type of jailbreak is tethered and is reserved only for developers, who are the only ones who can access the beta versions of iOS.
Before you put the guidance into practice, we recommend that, as always, to read it all carefully. And consider that it is only a jailbreak type tethered and it does not work on devices A5 and A6, like iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 and later.
The procedure using RedSn0w 0.9.15 is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 3GS old BootROM (only in this case is of type untethered)
- iPhone 3GS new bootrom
- iPhone 4
- iPod Touch 4G
The devices A5 and later are not supported yet.
- RedSn0w 0.9.15b3 ( Mac – Windows )
- iDevice compatible and updated to iOS 6.1 beta 3 (so you must be developers)
- Original Apple Firmware 6.0 for your device, save your desktop for convenience (Firmware files for iPhone and iPad)
- Knowing how to put the device in DFU helps make the procedure faster
1. ‘s assumed that you have already downloaded and installed iOS 6.1 beta 3 on your device, because if you’re a developer you should already know how to do.
4. Finally, connect your iDevice to the computer’s USB port and put it in DFU mode.
5. Open RedSn0w and make sure it has recognized that your device is in DFU mode (appears written down).
Note : On Windows run redsn0w as administrator: right click the icon and then “open as administrator”
6. Click on ” Extras “then” Select IPSW “and at this point select the firmware that we talked about in step 3. Should confirm that the firmware has been identified.
7. RedSn0w Go back to the main page and click on ” Jailbreak “. After a first trial of the options will be displayed on the screen.
8. sure it is selected ” Install Cydia “, alternatively add the flag, and proceed by clicking” Next “.
9. The process takes several minutes, several screens on your iPhone screen will appear ( I recommend watching the video ), at the end, when the jailbreak is complete, you should have in your Lock Screen.
Mode Boot Tethered
10. again Put the device in DFU mode.
11. Within RedSn0w went again in the ” Extras “then” Select IPSW “and select the new firmware iOS 6.0. This is a mandatory step for the jailbreak beta, otherwise you will get an error message.
12. At this point in the ” Extras “select” Just boot “to have a” boot tethered “.
13. should notice while turning the pineapple symbol of RedSn0w.
14. Once the device has fully booted, go to the second page of the Home screen and wait for it to see the Cydia icon ( wait a few seconds / minutes ).
15. CONGRATULATIONS! you have done the jailbreak on your device running iOS 6.1 beta 3, using RedSn0w 0.9.15b3.
Here you can view the internal process that runs on the Mac, but the procedure is the same on Windows:
Comes yet again to make it clear:
- iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G will ALWAYS get a tethered jailbreak – iOS 6.1 as well as on iOS 7 (if Apple does not set the device support)
However, we see, unfortunately, from any camp – no iPhone Dev-Team still Chronic-Dev team – currently demonstrable progress in the search for a untethered iOS 6.1 Jailbreak iOS 6 or. We continue to remain on the ball for you and look forward to a “joint waiting for the jailbreak” by Christmas. Who still has need for information about jailbreaking, which, as always, our group page for iOS was down 6 jailbreak my heart. The page is updated – there you will find that is ALWAYS the latest news from this area.