Getting folks to prevent “Google +” Facebook could also be the most important challenge within the growth of Google is facing its user base. Sure, you’ll use each, however if everybody communicates with the “Google +” Facebook is what number reasons we want to stay both?
Of course Facebook contains a ton of things going for it: Google doesn’t at now. as an example, several applications that users became at home with (or in some cases even addicted to) use. Farmville players, i am staring at you. That said, Google has additionally created acquisitions within the field, therefore I doubt that this type of factor is way from Google +
Developer Advocate at Google Don Dodge, has posted to his personal blog and shared via Google+ how to migrate Facebook friends to Google+
“Facebook has intentionally made it difficult for you to manage your friends list or move them anywhere else,” he says. “There are several third party tools to help you do this and they all work in about the same way. Facebook is also actively shutting down or blocking these tools so you may want to do this sooner rather than later.”
He then writes the following steps:
- Create up a “Yahoo email account” if you don’t already have.
- Sign into your Yahoo account using Facebook.
- Move to email, click Tools–>Import from Facebook. You may need to try this many times for it to complete.
- Move to the Tools menu and select Export to CSV file. Choose the file a name and save it to your desktop.
- Open Gmail and click Contacts –> More Actions–> Import. Browse to the CSV file you imported.
- Choose the New Group a name like “Favorite FB Friends” and begin the Import
- Go to Google+ Circles. Your imported Facebook Friends will show up under “Find & Invite”.
- Add these friends to the Circles that you like. You can create new circles and invite them into those circles easly.
Following video demonstrate the steps he suggested.
A lot of friends on Facebook Google + users are able to get into Google +. this implies that the explanations for maintaining a commitment to service. while not your friends, simply a cool concept that may never return to rather more than another newsreader such tools ( like Twitter for several people). With true friends (like Facebook), it’ll be arduous to go away.