After the presentation, fail the iPhone 4S many were looking forward to October 11th – the day was to be held a joint press conference Google and Samsung. Already there were rumors that it will be submitted to a new ‘google phone’ , but no one knew of its characteristics. And then they hit the net.
Interestingly, the smartphone is not called Nexus Prime, as previously assumed, and the Galaxy Nexus.Thus, already from the title it is clear that the new product – a joint project of Samsung and Google.
So, here are the characteristics of the new Android-leader,
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Thickness 9 mm
- 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display with a resolution of 1280×720 pixels and a curved glass
- Samsung Dual-Core processor 1.5 GHz
- PowerVR graphics chip SGX543MP2 (as in the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S)
- 1 GB of RAM
- 32 GB internal memory
- 8 megapixel main camera with the ability to record Full HD video 1080p, 1,3 megapixel front camera
- Support for LTE / HSPA, Wi-Fi a / b / g / n
- Battery capacity of 2.050 mAh
The new smartphone will be a representative line of Google Nexus, ie it will not be pre-installed add-branded Samsung TouchWiz – only the “naked” Android.
Features of the new operating system until we know only about the possibility of monitoring the use by each application.
Became aware of the transfer presentations Google and Samsung. It is unclear what caused the delay, but the new OC and “google phone” we do not see until at least November.