Maria Sharapova might not have won a grand slam title since 2008, however the Russian tennis player remains unchallenged because the world’s highest paid girl in skilled sports.
For the seventh straight year, Sharapova topped the annual list provided by Forbes magazine, despite failing to feature to her 3 grand slam titles, though she did build the Wimbledon final in July.Sharapova’s earnings, largely off-court endorsements, were estimated at $25 million, twice the maximum amount as her nearest rival, Denmark’s Caroline Wozniacki, this women’s world beloved.
American racing driver Danica Patrick was third with $12 million followed by tennis players Venus Williams, Belgium’s Kim Clijsters and Serena Williams.
Seven of the highest 9 feminine earners were tennis players, together with China’s Li Na, who created $8 million last year however was expected to soar up the rankings and challenge Sharapova for the highest spot when her breakthrough win at the French Open.
list of Top ten women by earning.
1. Maria Sharapova $25 million -Russia, tennis
2. Caroline Wozniacki $12.5 million- Denmark, tennis
3. Danica Patrick $12 million -US, motor racing
4. Venus Williams $11.5 million -US, tennis
5. Kim Clijsters $11 million (Belgium, tennis
6. Serena Williams $10.5 million -US, tennis
7. Kim Yu-na $10 million -figure skating, South Korea
8. Li Na $8 million- China, tennis
9. Ana Ivanovic $6 million -Serbia, tennis
10. Paula Creamer $5.5 million -US, golf