iFaith is a popular tool for saving local certificates SHSH for that firmware no longer supported and signed by Apple. The software for Windows has been updated by iH8sn0w introducing some new features and further optimizing the code.
Now is the long-awaited update of iFaith, announced last summer but never published. The wait is rewarded by novelty, however, really bodied especially with regard to the internal structure of the application. The hacker reprogrammed most of the code, arranged various bugs and added support to other firmware.
The official changelog reports:
- Important improvements to the code
- Added automatically check for available updates
- Added the ability to perform the dump iOS 5.1.x/6.0.x, 6.1 on iPhone 3GS, iPod touch (third generation) and all devices A4
- Completely rewritten the payload to optimize the performance massively
- Enabled the creation of the IPSW of iOS 3.xx for iPod touch second generation
- Fixed problems with the NAND with newer models (iPhone 4 and the new iPod touch 8GB)
- In addition to adding your own certificates SHSH iFaith will automatically search for all of the supported sending it to Cydia
iH8sn0w has also announced a future release of a version of iFaith for Mac OS, but did not set a date certain.
iFaith 1.5.1 can be downloaded from this page and is available for Windows only.